Persons applying shall appear together or separately( but still the same day) before the county clerk.
Each Applicant shall submit proof of identity and age, for example:
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Driver's License
- Any document issued by the State of Texas, another state, the United Stated Government, or a foreign government.
If required a document establishing parental consent, documents establishing that a prior marriage has been dissolved, or a court order.
- If an applicant is under 18 years of age, he/she must have parental consent.
- If an applicant is under 16 years of age, he/she must have a court order in addition to parental consent.
- Social Security Number.
- Neither party can have been divorced within the previous thirty days in this state.
- Applicants cannot be related to each other as an ancestor or descendant, by blood or adoption; a brother or sister, of the whole or half blood or by adoption; a parent's brother or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption; a son or daughter or a brother or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption.
- The fee for the license is $82.00.
- The fee is reduced by $12.00 when couple presents us with a completed certificate of Premarital Education Course ( Twogether in Texas Certificate Only).
- No blood test is required.
The marriage license expires at the end of the 90-day period immediately following the date the license is issued if the ceremony has not been conducted within that period.
The marriage ceremony may not take place during a 72-hour period immediately following the issuance of the license unless:
- An applicant is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States and is on active duty;
- Works for the US Dept of Defense as a department employee or under a contract with the department;
- Obtains a written waiver from County or District Judge; and
- Those who complete a premarital education course and provide the County Clerk with a premarital education course completion certificate.